Acupuncture has been used for over 3000 years in Traditional Chinese Medicine and has impressive effects on patients. We all have aches and pain and the most popular reason to get regular acupuncture treatments is that it will help you remain pain-free.
Very fine needles are inserted at various locations on the body. These sterile needles are disposable and only used once. Points are picked according to the patient’s presentation including symptoms, history, pulses, the color of the tongue, and face. Once this information is obtained a diagnosis is made and appropriate treatment is given.
Though today we know this list to be more extensive, in 1979 WHO published a lost of common conditions proven to respond to TCM Acupuncture and these are some of them:
- Mental-Emotional: Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia
- Respiratory Tract Diseases: Acute sinusitis, Acute rhinitis, Bronchial asthma
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Hiccough, Acute and chronic gastritis, Chronic duodenal ulcer (pain relief), Constipation, Diarrhea
- Neurological and Musculoskeletal Disorders: Headache and migraine, Trigeminal neuralgia (TMJ), Facial palsy, Paresis following a stroke, Meniere’s disease, Frozen shoulder, Tennis elbow, Sciatica, Low-back pain, Osteoarthritis
- Others: Allergies, Blood pressure, Infertility, Sexual dysfunction (low libido, erectile Dysfunction), Menstrual irregularities, Weight gaining